Volunteer in the art room!

Monday, September 17, 2012

Adaptive Arts Outer Space Sculptures

     This week my adaptive arts students created outer space sculptures.  I found a recipe for "galaxy play dough" & I knew I wanted my adaptive arts kids to get their hands on it!  Here is the link for the galaxy play dough:  http://fairydustteaching.blogspot.com/2011/05/galaxy-playdough.html

We discussed what outer space looks like & the things that we see out there.  I showed the students images of outer space.  We talked about flat art (2D) & sculpture (3D).  Then, we started out sculptures.  

Each student was given a large ball of galaxy play dough.  Then I set out varying size wood pieces, pipe cleaners, & marbles.  

Here are our outer space sculptures.  





I think they did a great job & loved how they turned out!  The best part was they loved how they turned out! 



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment